In 12 days we drove over 4,000 kilometers, stopped for more than 15 bathroom breaks, crossed 6 boarders, heard 9 different languages, slept on the bus for two nights, stayed at 4 different hotels, had a short hiked in the Alps, visited 8 cities, took 1, 772 pictures and I was only asked to show my passport once 🙂
As part of my school’s Comenius Project, European Project that promotes cultural and education exchange among other things, my school went to France to visit one of the partner schools. We made a couple of stops in Paris, Cannes, Grasse, Monaco, Verona, Venice, and Aix de Provence. Here are some of the thing that made me happy:
– Seeing the light show of the Eiffel Tower for over 5 minutes.
– Hike in the Alps
– ALL of Venice
– Walking into the area where Juliet’s Balcony is located…couldn’t help but feeling like making hearts all over the place (I know tragic story, however the place was alive with hope for something…anything)
– Seeing the sunset over the Mediterranean Sea
– Falling asleep in Monaco and waking up in Verona
– Fashion show on the bus with the kids
– When one of my students told me ” Andrea, this is very sophisticated food”. She was referring to the appetizers served during the French’s welcome party.
Here a link of the video I took of the Eiffel Tower light up,with much needed music, (if you listen closely you can hear me speaking Romanian).
Here are only a few of my favorite pictures.